COLLECTIONS ONLY IN FELTHAM, BEDFONT AND HANWORTH PLEASE!
We want to get food donations in the safest way possible, and so we have come up with the following plan
- You give us the details in the form below, but only from outside front doors, ground floor only please.
- We give a route to a volunteer for them to drive, and collect from.
- They tell us the best time for them to cover that route, daylight hours only.
- We email you, to tell you the collection window.
- You leave the bag outside your front door for collection during that window.
- The volunteers drive the route, and collect what is seen out, if nothing there, they move on
- They won’t knock on doors or search for bags they have to be obvious
- Only the volunteer and the donors know the timeslot to avoid stuff being taken
- Volunteers aren’t given names for the houses, only the addresses for safety.
We hope this will be an effective and safe way to make collections.
NOTE: DONATIONS MUST BE LEFT IN A REALLY OBVIOUS PLACE, IDEALLY OUTSIDE OF THE FRONT DOOR
What You Can Donate
Ideally most long life products, tins, UHT milk, cereals, sugar, tea, coffee, pasta, rice, biscuits, sweets, drinks, cleaning products, toothpaste, soap, anything the foodbanks normally take. Anything that will last for a while.
Fresh fruit and veg and bread and milk aren’t required, because they don’t keep and it’s likely food will be quarenteened for several days before being distributed, and so would go off in that time. This may change as our plans and capabilities mature.